I thought I would share some of the activities that have kept me busy while we’ve been stuck at home! It’s not often we don’t leave the house for weeks on end, so while we are staying put, let’s try new things, revisit old things and enjoy nature.
- Walks: I think this is one of my favorite activities, in and out of quarantine. There’s a 3.25 mile route I take often around my parent’s neighborhood when the weather is nice. I’ve realized how much I love being outside in the sunshine.
- New recipes: We’ve tried a few new recipes, and this includes the sangria recipe I shared last week.
- Puzzles: This is a great way to avoid screen time and get strategic and start thinking. I finally finished my 3rd puzzle – it was a doozy. Love this one, this one and this one.
- New workouts: My brother, Myatt, came up with a workout for my mom and I to follow, but I’ve also enjoyed doing the workouts that other bloggers have shared like Brighton Keller Butler and Mary Lawless Lee.
- Organization: I organized my closet in Dallas as well as parts of my parent’s house. It felt therapeutic to get rid of things we don’t need, and I even listed some pieces on Poshmark!
- Pinterest: Pinterest has been a source of inspiration for me! Whether that’s outfit inspo, home decor, workouts or organization. You can find just about anything here, and of course, it’s nice to look at pretty things.
- Podcasts: These are a great way to learn something new and keep up with the news, among other things. I like to listen to them on my walks. I went through a phase of listening to podcasts only on cold case files, but I listen to church sermons too – I’m a little all over the place! You can find podcasts on just about anything.
- Friendship bracelets: I used to make bracelets all the time as a kid, and thank goodness my parents didn’t throw away my string because I picked up the hobby again. I even sent some to my friends in hopes the bracelets would brighten their days.
- Bike rides: My mom and I have taken a few bike rides, and it seems many of our neighbors have had the same idea too. It’s fun seeing our neighbors out and about enjoying the nice spring weather!
- Eating local: My family has ordered from many of our favorite local restaurants including Las Delicias, Paulettes and Ciao Bella. We are trying to support our local businesses as much as we can!
- Dominoes: Our grandparents gave us this set over 10 years ago, and we’ve brought it back out many times since the stay-at-home order started. I love that you can play a bunch of different games with this set, listed in the directions of course.
- New book: I purchased Little Fires Everywhere from a local Memphis bookstore, Novel, but you can also get it here. Can’t wait to see what all the hype is about!
I hope these ideas inspire you to do something different this week during quarantine!