Now that we seem to have a little bit of time on our hands, let’s clean out our closets. Spring cleaning, quarantine edition! Below I’m going to share some of the questions I ask myself when I’m going through my closet. I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out with images of items you aren’t sure you should keep.
- Have you worn this item in a year? If no, time to get rid of it.
- Are you keeping something for sentimental reasons? I’m such a sentimental person. I can attach meaning to just about anything, but believe me, those items aren’t doing you any good just sitting in your closet. Let someone else enjoy them!
- Do you have items that are too big or too small? If it doesn’t fit, it’s time to move on.
- Is this item a classic piece? If so, it’s worth keeping. Examples: dark denim, plain sweaters, button up blouses.
- Do you have duplicates of this item? We don’t need multiples of the same piece!
- Do you feel good in this item? If not, time to toss!
Don’t know what to do with the items you aren’t keeping? Donate them to places like Goodwill or The Salvation Army. You can also take them to a consignment store, and they will sell your items for you. If you are wiling to put in a little work, sell them on Poshmark or other resell sites!
I hope this helps you purge your closet!